Our Ethics Policy and Code of Conduct
With our platform, we would like to provide an innovative tool that serves to educate oneself and/or to impart one’s own knowledge, to share and to create something constructive together. We want to create a framework in which actors of all ages, genders, sexual orientations and religious affiliations can flourish and not have to fear being victims of discrimination or condescension in any form.
We reject any form of extremism and/or discriminatory behavior. Likewise, teachings of supposedly scientific content or measures that cannot be empirically proven or violate community ethics or federal or state laws. This includes, among other things, illustrating or depicting questionable experiments on humans and animals to gain knowledge.
Furthermore, we reject any cooperation with providers who want to create pyramid schemes, allegedly promise quick wealth in a short time and/or try to advance people’s hopes and aspirations in an exploitative way with their activities.
Furthermore, we do not want any cooperation with providers of pornographic content or gambling providers.
Any form of glorification of violence as well as the trivialization of violence and/or the call for violence will lead to an immediate termination of the contractual relationship.
We are aware of the fact that gray areas may arise, particularly in the teaching of medical measures, in which it would be necessary to examine the extent to which a violation of the aforementioned regulations has occurred. In case of doubt, we reserve the right to decide on a case-by-case basis whether we can offer an organization or project a podium on our platform.
We want to create an atmosphere that encourages reflection, questioning and also discussion. We would like to ask you to do this in a respectful manner. We want to generate a creative, virtual campus where everyone feels comfortable and can develop freely.
In the event of violations of the above-mentioned regulations, we reserve the right to deny the right to use our platform.
§ 1 Scope of application
1. the following terms and conditions apply to the use of the teachr website (hereinafter referred to as the “website”). For the use of the website it is important that you as a user accept the following terms and conditions.
3. the subject of teachr is the following:
Providing educational software for digital learning as a platform-as-a-service.
§ 2 Contact details and legal information
If you have any questions regarding our website, you can reach us at the following contact information:
651 N Broad St
Middletown, DE 19709 US
§ 3 Availability of the website
1. teachr has an availability of 24 hours a day. However, there may be interruptions in availability due to maintenance required for the system. Interruptions of the availability may occur due to force majeure or other causes beyond teachr’s control, such as intent or gross negligence.
2. teachr points out:
that it is technically impossible to provide the website free of errors of any kind and that teachr therefore assumes no responsibility for them,
that errors can lead to the temporary shutdown of the website,
that the availability of these web pages is dependent on conditions and services beyond the control of teachr, such as transmission capacities and telephone connections between the individual parties. We are not responsible for any disruptions falling within this range.
§ 4 Discussion forums
Insofar as teachr offers discussion forums temporarily or permanently on its websites, the participants of the discussion forums are expected to observe the usual rules of communication such as mutual respect. Visitors may not distribute or post any offensive, possibly derogatory, foul, indecent, defamatory or obscene material or any material that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
§ 5 Electronic communication
When you use a teachr service or send emails, text messages or other communications to us from your computer or mobile device, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you electronically in a variety of ways, including via email, text messages, or by posting electronic messages or other communications on our website or as part of other teachr services. For contractual purposes, you agree to receive electronic communications from us and that all consents, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically do not, to that extent, require a writing unless mandatory applicable law requires another form of communication.
§ 6 Copyright and database rights
1. all content included in or provided through any teachr service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads and data collections, is the property of teachr or third parties supplying content or making it available on the website and is protected by German copyright and database right laws.
2. also the entire stock of content contained in or provided by a service of teachr is the exclusive property of teachr and is protected by German copyright and database right.
3. you may not systematically extract and/or reuse any part of any teachr service without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of any teachr Service without the express written consent of www.teachr.ai. Furthermore, you may not create and/or publish your own database that includes substantial parts of a teachr service without the express written consent of www.teachr.ai.
4. the correspondingly listed logos in the media and graphics as well as videos are trademarks or registered trademarks. In particular, when media, videos and graphics are listed, they are sometimes listed as trademarks or logos for educational purposes to explain devices, measures and facts. The companies listed accordingly are not participants or sponsors of teachr LLC. The listed products or services of teachr LLC and their learning content are owned and not endorsed by the respective companies. The corresponding logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective manufacturer, trademark owner or company.
§ 7 Patents
All patents registered on teachr are also applicable to all services and other products of teachr. It may happen that the respective patents are operated under one or more patents.
§ 8 Your account
1. access to free and paid services of the website, requires the creation of an account.
2. creation of an account is allowed only to persons of full legal capacity, to whom the registration form is provided on the website www.teachr.ai.
3. the user undertakes not to make any false statements about his person. Furthermore, the user undertakes to check his details regularly to ensure that they are correct.
4. if you use any teachr service, you are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your account, password and for restricting access to your computer and mobile devices. To the extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to be responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that your password is kept secret and secure and you should inform us immediately if you have any reason to be concerned that a third party has gained knowledge of your password or that the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide to us is accurate and complete and for notifying us of any changes regarding the information you provide. You can view and update some of the information you have given us on our website.
5. the user can change his user name and password subsequently at any time.
6. you may not use a teachr service in a way that is likely to interrupt, damage or otherwise impair teachr’s services or access.
7. furthermore, you may not use teachr’s services for fraudulent or in connection with any crime, unlawful activity, harassment or inconvenience.
8. we reserve the right to deny you the services on the website or to close member accounts. This applies in particular in the event that you violate applicable law, contractual agreements or our policies.
9. the users of this website can delete their account at any time by sending an appropriate message via the contact form. The user’s account will be deleted immediately once the user has completed and submitted the form.
§ 9 Claims arising from intellectual property rights
teachr respects the intellectual property rights of third parties. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used in a manner that gives rise to a concern of infringement, please follow our infringement notification procedures at www.teachr.ai.
§ 10 Liability
1. we always strive to ensure that teachr’s services are available without interruptions and that transmissions are error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Your access to teachr’s services may also occasionally be interrupted or limited to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such temporary interruptions or restrictions.
2. teachr is liable without limitation if the cause of damage is based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by teachr or a legal representative or vicarious agent of teachr.
3. Furthermore, teachr shall be liable for the slightly negligent breach of essential obligations. Essential are obligations, the breach of which endangers the achievement of the purpose of the contract or the fulfillment of which enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on the compliance with which you regularly rely. In this case, however, teachr shall only be liable for the foreseeable damage typical for the contract. teachr shall not be liable for the slightly negligent breach of obligations other than those mentioned in the preceding sentences.
4. the above limitations of liability shall not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health, for a defect following the assumption of a guarantee for the quality of the product and in the event of fraudulently concealed defects. Liability under the Product Liability Act remains unaffected.
5. insofar as teachr’s liability is excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents.
§ 11 Links to other websites
1. for links that are not operated by teachr and are located on their website, we have no possibility to control the content of this website, as it is completely independent from us.
2. for this reason, we do not assume any responsibility for the content of these websites and the consequences of their use by visitors to them. Accessing all websites accessible via links is at the user’s own risk. There is no separate notice when users leave the website. However, we ask you to notify us immediately of any illegal or dubious content on the linked website.
3. other websites may have a link to the websites of teachr. Such a link requires our prior consent.
§ 12 Data protection
1. it may happen that data and information of visitors and users (date, time, accessed page) about the access are stored on the server. We would like to point out that – without consent – no personal data (e.g. name, address or e-mail address) will be stored.
2. should personal data be collected, we undertake to obtain the prior consent of the user of the website. We undertake not to disclose any data to third parties unless the visitor or user consents in advance.
3. We would like to point out that the transmission of data on the Internet (e.g. by e-mail) can have security gaps. Demnach kann ein fehlerfreier und störungsfreier Schutz der Daten Dritter nicht vollständig gewährleistet werden. Diesbezüglich ist unsere Haftung ausgeschlossen.
4. Der Nutzer hat das Recht auf Auskunft. Accordingly, error-free and trouble-free protection of third-party data cannot be fully guaranteed.
5. furthermore, there is a right to correction/deletion of data/restriction of processing for the user.
§ 13 Cookies
4. we would like to point out that some of these cookies are transferred from our server to your computer system, which are mostly so-called session-related cookies. Session-related cookies are characterized by the fact that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of the browser session. Other cookies remain on your computer system and enable us to recognize your computer system on your next visit (so-called permanent cookies).
5. you can object to the storage of cookies, for this purpose a banner is available to which you can object/accept.
6. of course, you can set your browser so that no cookies are stored on the hard drive or already stored cookies are deleted again. The instructions regarding the prevention as well as deletion of cookies can be found in the help function of your browser or software manufacturer.
§ 15 No waiver
§ 16 Place of Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
(1) Any disputes and disagreements arising from this contract shall be governed exclusively by the law of the current registered office.
2. the sole place of jurisdiction for orders placed by merchants, legal entities under public law or special funds under public law is the registered office of the supplier.
§ 17 Final provisions
1. contract language is english.
2. if you violate these Terms of Service and we do nothing about it, we will still be entitled to exercise our rights on any other occasion on which you violate these Terms of Service.
4. The invalidity of one provision shall not affect the validity of the other provisions of the contract. Should this occur, the provision shall be replaced by another legally permissible provision in accordance with its meaning and purpose, which corresponds to the meaning and purpose of the invalid provision.